News updates: PM rejects Starmer remark about widespread confusion; Speaker criticises government’s handling of emergency powers
- Rebel Tory MPs fail in bid to get more of a say on Covid restrictions
- Half of coronavirus fines go unpaid in England and Wales
- South Wales hospital cancels most operations after Covid outbreak
- Almost half of UK office staff returned to desks before new advice
- Global coronavirus updates – live
From HuffPost’s Paul Waugh
Jerome Mayhew (Con) asks about the A47 in Norfolk. But plans to upgrade it have just been postponed. Why?
Johnson says the government is intensely ambitious for transport infrastructure. That project will be reconsidered, he says. The government is looking at projects from 2025 onwards.